Wednesday, September 02, 2009

A Confession, and the Main Event



Darlings, your Auntie Roadchick has been dreadfully remiss in not updating sooner, but things have been just a wee bit busy in the Roadie household. Since we were last together, Redneck and I have tied the knot. Gotten hitched. It's all official and everything. Awww.

The wedding was very small, up in the mountains around Gatlinburg at the cabin that we rented for the weekend. My parents, my two brothers, one sister-in-law, and one small niece were present. (The other sister-in-law had to stay at home with one small nephew who came down with strep the night before they were to head to the mountains.) Rockboy and his girlfriend were present. Skaterboy was present. My very good friend and her husband were present.

Anyway, it went off without a hitch (mostly) and a Good Time was had by all, except for poor Redneck who was sick as a dog with a summer cold(?) or the swine flu(?) or something. He perked up long enough for the ceremony then collapsed back into bed to nap until it was time to go to dinner in town. He perked up long enough to get through that and then was pretty much finished for the day.

For the wedding, I got Redneck a watch. He gave me the summer cold(?) or the swine flu(?) . . . which I still have and apparently am going to keep until at least our 25th anniversary when he will gift me with anthrax or ptomaine. He, of course, is much better now since he's passed it on to me and since I cannot find anyone to pass it to, I continue to hack and cough and pray for death or codeine cough syrup.

Since the wedding, things have been hectic, hectic, hectic. It was back to school for Skaterboy and that is always traumatic. More for me than for him, but there was a period of adjustment like there always is.

Yesterday afternoon, there was ominous silence from the other end of the house and I went to see what was going on.

Skaterboy, in the wisdom of his eleven years, had decided to customize his $40 Under Armor shirt that he bought with his Christmas money in January. A few snips here and there, so he could look just like his idol, Jeff Hardy (of wrestling fame).



As Skaterboy is a skinny, pre-adolescent eleven year old, he does not come close. His new name:

Jeff Hardly

And so, life in the expanded Roadie household begins.

5 comments:

Iron Needles said...

Congrats! Love the small and intimate take on it all. The Guy and I were married in the backyard with only our kids around. Didn't even have parents or sibs. Not that we don't like them, but it would have just gotten too convoluted, and we just wanted it...simple.

Roadchick said...

@ Iron Needles~ Thank you! Really, I think that both of us would've liked it to be just the two of us but that would've caused hurt feelings in my family so we kept it as small as possible.

Marion said...

Congratulations. I wish you much love and laughter.

Susan said...

Congrats Chick!!

briliantdonkey said...

wow I leave the blogosphere for a year or two and come back to find you married, and susan's blog changed to 'married bliss' which i presume means she tied the knot too or will soon(havent read up enough yet). Congrats!

BD